You are here: Home
> Accessibility policy
The website for the Research Chair in Nursing Care for Older People and their Families is accessible to disabled and non-disabled people. Furthermore, it was designed to be compatible with desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
For an easier access, the following functionalities have been included:
- Exclusive use of the feminine referring to both masculine and feminine. It reflects the predominance of women in nursing;
- French and English content that can be selected by clicking on the language button on the upper right-hand corner of the page;
- Adjustment of text size by selecting the options from the web browser;
- Uniform web page presentation for easier browsing;
- Accessible site map at the bottom of each web page.
For the visually impaired
- Reading rendered possible with synthesized speech and refreshable braille display;
- Content in colour also displayed with other characteristics, for example underlined or bold text setting;
- High enough contrast setting for text to be displayed on a black or white background;
- Description of important images;
- No screen oscillation.
Multiple browser compatibility
This website was tested on:
- Internet Explorer 9, 10 and 11 on Windows ;
- Firefox on Windows and Mac OS ;
- Safari on Mac OS ;
- Chrome on Windows and Mac OS.
If you are having problems accessing our web content, please contact us.
© Chaire de recherche en soins infirmiers à la personne âgée et à la famille – www.chairedesjardins.umontreal.ca